We Solve Problems
Fineline is in the business of solving problems. We do not sell, we help. If we cannot improve your business, we won't ask for it. We begin every conversation by asking, "What challenges is your company facing?"
Challenges we've helped solve:
Green Facts At a Glance
Digital and Variable Data Printing Solutions
Digital Color Printing
Fineline has offered digital color printing for years. Digital printing has made great strides in quality in the past decade. Our brand new Kodak NexPress offers state of the art digital quality, and enhanced features like dimensional printing, clear coat protection, and Pantone matching features. Coupled with our mailing center, Fineline is able to handle daily, weekly, and monthly correspondence on behalf of its customers with no interaction besides obtaining the distribution lists.
Digital printing has several advantages over its Offset cousin:
- Faster. Digital presses do not require the plate-making process of offset, so turn-time can be much less.
- Consistency. If maintained properly, a digital press produces a consistent product with each run.
- Lower Volume. Digital is typically less costly on lower quantity jobs (somewhere between 500-2000 sheets).
- Customization. Digital technology allows the modification of the image (variable data) with each impression. This is a great option for marketing campaign utilizing PURL's (Personalized URL's) and other personalized data to create a highly relevant message.
Variable Data Printing
What is Variable Data Printing (VDP)? Variable Data Printing is one of the most effective ways of communicating directly to your individual customer. It makes direct mailing and other marketing materials more personal. More than ever, you can create full, digital color printing projects that are customized to your database and address your clients and prospects by name. Benefits include:
- Get attention (relevance)
- Better response and returns
- Repeat orders (loyalty) and order size
- Measurability (e.g. unique barcodes and id numbers)
- Perceived as more eco-friendly by ensuring that you are only reaching groups most likely to be receptive to your products
The most successful variable projects are more than personalized, they are customized as well. VDP is about customizing the entire message, including text, images, graphics, offers, templates, graphs, etc. Contact us for a free consultation on how to take advantage of variable data communications.
The NexPress has market-leading image quality. Its offset-like paper handling allows for printing on a wide range of substrates including coated
and uncoated paper, plastics, magnets, glossy-coated labels, and linen stock. The NexPress can print on stocks up to 20-point board thick which is
great for packaging prototypes.
Fineline is the only printer in the Midwest with the long-sheet option (26 inches: the longest feed available among all major digital presses) which gives flexibility and efficiency via its ability to print 6-page brochures or 3-up letters. Our customers get products faster, cheaper, and with less waste (average 10% boost in productivity).
As well, the NexPress offers dimensional, raised print which produces unique pieces that stand out in the crowd and provoke a tactical and visual effect. Its PMS matching system gets within 87.5% accuracy of match. And, the clear coat station provides water marking and protective coating options.
This fast, flexible system meets all of your business needs. It offers fast performance for variable data printing and higher throughput during peak production. It provides inline finishing options and lower costs for full-color applications.
The Kodak Digimaster 9110 is one of the most efficient and popular digital presses available on today's market, and Fineline is proud to own and operate two of these variable data print capable machines. With a capability of printing 110 pages per minute, the Kodak offers the perfect combination of speed and reliablity so that our VDP projects get delivered promptly.